Thursday, May 27, 2010

Greatest Love Story Ever Told

via Notebook Doodles


via Tumblr


via Tumblr


Former Indonesian President, BJ Habibie, just lost his beloved companion for the last 48 years of his life. His wife, Ainun Habibie recently passed away because of cancer at a hospital in Muenchen, Germany. Until the very last seconds of her life, her husband was always, always there by her side. From what I read on newspapers, BJ Habibie was known for his faithful love to his wife. After she died, he said this: "I was born for Ainun and Ainun was born for me". This one sweet sentence has spread around the internet within minutes and made a massive amount of girls wanting to have a husband like BJ Habibie. They are all so touched with his love, loyalty and warm heart. Especially when they saw the live-feed of Ainun Habibie's funeral on every national television, where BJ Habibie cried and looked so helpless and devastated over the death of his beloved wife. Now please bear in mind, loyal men today are extinct creature, especially loyal men with power and money, so I truly understand this sudden adoration of Indonesian women to BJ Habibie. The local television also were broadcasting their love story, which started way back when they were still in highschool. Aaawww how cute, highschool sweetheart grew old together for 48 years until death did they part. Definitely one great love story.

The other great love story is the one I read on the internet, a true story. There is this one old man, whose wife is hospitalized because she is suffering from Alzheimer for the last 5 years. Then this doctor asked the old man, "Why do you still come here everyday? She won't know if you don't. She doesn't recognize you anymore." The old man just smiled to the doctor and said, "Yes she doesn't recognize me anymore. But I still recognize her, she is the woman I marry. And Would be miserable not seeing her and be with her" The doctor was simply amazed and had goosebumps hearing the old man. Me tooooo!!! I love you old man!

Last but not least, other great love story I'm going to share tonight,  is the love story of my Granpapa Ade and Granmama Corry. They met when my Granmama was still 14 years old, then they were married the year after. My Granmama came from a very wealthy family back then, while my Granpapa's family was just ordinary family yet well-educated. Of all the men with the same handsome amount of money as her family, my Granmama picked my Granpapa who had nothing but his brain , will to work hard and his kind heart. They started their family from a scratch because my Granpapa refused to receive money from his parents-in-law, took years for Granpapa to settle down yet my Granmama always stood beside him patiently. Long story short, they had 5 children together and lived in Bandung since 1950 because of his job. Granpapa was a very kind and funny/goofy man while my Granmama was very uptight person (she was very Dutch-y), yet only Granpapa can bring the sweet out of her. They lived a happy life until Granpapa passed away in 1977 (yes, I didn't get the chance to meet him *verysadface* ). My Granmama never re-married until she passed away last year, 2009. Granmama then continued her life without her only love after October 1977. She put his photo on her wallet, side-by-side with hers, had their photo together inside her bible which she read every day and night, photo mounted on the wall and visited his grave every now and then until she was disabled. I once asked her why she never re-married, this is what she said, "No, I don't want to. Opa is my only love and will always be. I'm just waiting the time when I will see him again. I miss him so much." Last years of her life, she suffered Alzheimer that took away her memories. She didn't recognize me, my cousins, her children, her siblings but not when any of us mention Granpapa Ade's name. "Omaaa, where is Dr. Ade Kaligis?", suddenly her eyes sparkled and filled with love She recognized Granpapa's name of anyone else she knew! It was beyond amazing. Love can still beat Alzheimer. I was deeply sad when she passed away, yet I was also happy for her, she get to reunite with Granpapa up there :) To me, their love story is definitely a one great love story every told.

All of the stories above concludes that those are the kinds of love that we all want to have and experience. Some people already have partners, some people don't. Some people have amazing partners, some people don't. But they all want this sweet everlasting love like stories above, I personally believe that there is someone for someone. There will be someone out there for you, you just have to be brave to risk your heart. Good or bad, in the end, it will be worth it I too want those kind of sweet everlasting love with my husband Jonah, so far we're doing good :) We'll see. God knows what's going to happen in the future, not you and me. So I'm just gonna surrender my love and marriage to Him. Now you know what to do right? Let's kneel down, cross your fingers and pray. I believe on the power of prayer, all you have to do is pray, have faith and it will be given to you. Matthew 7:7 "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:"

No comments:

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails