Monday, October 11, 2010

Spaghetti Bolognese ala Amara

This time around I'm going to share one of my food recipes. In Jakarta, I cook very seldomly - In Karlsruhe, I cook twice a week.. well three times a week tops - In Bali, I cook pretty often so my ability in kitchen department is pretty much ok lah. I love cooking and most importantly my husband loves my cooking (I'm so kicking him in the butt if he hates my cooking). LoL 

Why Bolognese instead of Carbonara? I haven't gotten the perfect recipe for Carbonara actually, tried couple times but couldn't get the cheese right just yet. But I'm getting there, you'll see. 

Spaghetti Bolognese ala Amara. 

Serves 4.

Ingredients
200g chicken thigh meat (because I hate chicken breast - this is totally up to you whichever you want to use - minced chicken is also OK)
150g spaghetti pasta (I use La Fonte)
1 Bottle of Prego Fresh Mushroom
1/2 teaspoon Pepper Seasonings (or to taste)
1 block of Maggi Chicken Stock (any brand will do actually)
1/2 teaspoon Salt
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons Kraft Parmesan Cheese to garnish

Ingredients

Method

Cut up the chicken into small pieces. 

Add about 4 tablespoons of regular cooking oil to a hot pan or stove top grill pan.

When the pan is hot, add the chicken. And turn the heat to medium or medium-low.

Cook the spaghetti according to manufacturer’s instructions. I always use La Fonte pasta.

Back to chicken pan. Add whole bottle of Prego Fresh Mushroom sauce. Stir through.

Add the salt and pepper. Add Maggi Chicken Stock block. Add ketchup at will. Stir for a few seconds.

Taste them. Need more salt? Pepper? Ketchup? Do it now. 
Check the Spaghetti, if it's properly cooked then drain them. 

Put the drained Spaghetti in big bowl / plate and add the sauce from the other pan on top. 

Garnish with Kraft Parmesan Cheese (in restaurant usually they use chopped parsley) and serve immediately. Dig in!

Superpoor photo quality yet the taste is 180 degree! I took this photo 3 days ago LoL - last minute decision on wanting to post this in this blog.
 
Bon Appetite!

Next recipe: Either Ayam Rica or Salmon Cake - haven't made up my mind just yet ;)

No comments:

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails