Sunday, January 16, 2011

Love Horses

Horses are beautiful animal and one of my favorites along with dogs and dolphins (in no particular order). I even love their particular smell, to me a cloying mixture of hay, urine, sweat and a certain animal gaminess given off by their oily coats. OK I know it may be gross but I do like it (: Horses are extraordinary... that is also exactly the reason why I cringe at cowboy movies and old war movies  / storybook war movies that involve horse-slaughter. Too heartbreaking. 
 
Horses are in my genes! My grandfather used to have beautiful horses and he loved them dearly. One of his favorite was a horse named Primadonna (Italian for "first lady). She was a beautiful black horse and quite famous back then. Primadonna was the horse who won the Soeharto Cup, a Horse Racing events by Equestrian Sports Association of Indonesia (PORDASI) two years in a row (both the 5th and 6th - early back then)!  

I love horse racing events!!! --- image via Google/searchimage
If Taj Mahal built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his third wife, Mumtaz Mahal and until today stands as a symbol of eternal love; then my grandfather wast the Indonesian Shah Jahan and Primadonna was Mumtaz Mahal.

My grandfather built Primadonna statue and put it at one of the busiest roundabout/intersections (Paal Dua) in Manado and until today the statue is still there. 
Primadonna Statue at Paal Dua, Manado. Built by my dearest grandfather, HV Worang.  --- image via Google/searchimage
And the last "horse race" event I attended was the one in 1998, Pordasi held a horse racing event at Pulo Mas Horse Racing Venues and they actually named it "H.V. Worang Cup", honoring my late grandfather. My father and I went and presented the cup to the winner. It was sort of amazing, thank you Pordasi (:

And yes, I know how to ride a horse. I've been riding horses since I was about 10 years old, (for fun not sophisticated equestrian) but then again, I haven't ridden one for a decade *sadface* - I couldn't help but wonder, will I still be able to connect with a horse? But I do remember how lovely the connection was and how therapeutic it was. I'd love to ride more often, heck, I even want to have my own stable and have many horses! But hear this, one day when I have a handsome amount of money, I will. Cross my heart it's true. I truly want to learn and master equestrian art, I love horses and somewhere in my distant memory, horses love me too. Ugh. Writing this entry makes me want to go to the nearest stable and beg to let me ride a horse, like, right now! I. WANT. TO. RIDE.
This is me 5 or 10 years from now. Amen to that ((:

The beautiful woman in this photo is Charlotte Casiraghi, Photographed by Mario Testino. Photo Source: Tumblr

This is how one of the part of my stable look like #prayingsohard   --- via tumblr

Definitely going to see some horse racing events this year. #Checking Indonesian Derby schedule  --- via Google/searchimage

No comments:

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails