Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Happy May 4th!

My grandmother Corry would have been 86 years old today (': She was a tough old girl. The matriarch of our clan. Perseverance and strength. That was my grandma. She was definitely the glue that held this family together. I know she's in a better place now. She's finally back with my grandfather. Even though we really lost her 2 years ago, it still hurts my heart knowing that she's gone. Rest in peace, Grandma. You showed me what a strong woman looked like. Through watching you I learned to be tough. I have nothing but wonderful, happy memories of the woman you were. I will love you and miss you always. 

My family and Oma Corry in Bandung, 1990s. I was a tomboy girl, I refused to wear skirts! LoL... and very proud of my LA gear sneakers LoL LoL LoL!!! *embarrasing*

You wouldn't believe this but, another amazing woman also would have been 82 today... Audrey Hepburn! My favorite women were born on May 4th, I wish I was too! (; She is my favorite actress, my role model and my idol. She was genuine in every way. Thank god we have her movies to remember her by. So without further or do, this is for you Audrey, you will be forever loved and missed. I'm going to watch "Funny Face" after posting this entry, it's my way to celebrate her birthday.

Audrey Hepburn.

4 May 1929 – 20 January 1993, born Audrey Kathleen Ruston. 


While both my grandmother Corry and Audrey Hepburn no longer with us, it is only right to honor the lovely ladies birthday today.

Aaaaaand not to forget, today is also Star Wars day!!! Happy Star Wars Day! Of course I love Star Wars, I named my huskies Chewbacca and Lowbacca for goodness sake! I'm so thanking my dad for introducing me to this legendary saga ((: I've wacthed them so many times that I've lost count. My favorite characters are: Queen Amidala (Natalie Portman *eghm*), cute little ewoks and C3PO. 

It could have been so different

Resurrection


Tradition


Confidence


The Last Stormtrooper (of 2007)



May the 4th be with you!!!

Images via Mike Stimpson AKA Balakov.

No comments:

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails