Friday, May 20, 2011

Music Stuffs

American Idol top 3 elimination was exciting, I was both happy and sad. Yes, I do love American Idol that much, LoL! AI this year has been full of surprises and the competition seems close. I am enjoying the television drama.

Now, unto what made me happy?

Scotty McCreery is officially running towards to be the next American Idol, he's going to compete against Lauren Alaina in the final. Go Scotty! 

They also played the footage when the top 3 idol contestants visited their hometowns. During Scotty's concert, Josh Turner (Scotty's fav country singer), came out and surprised the heck out of him! See it here - 1:40 and also watch how he stays true to his faith and religion - 00.14 and 13.58


A trio of Italian teenagers who sing opera, the Il Volo!!! Real talent! Amazing... and 'O Sole Mio is one of my favorite songs ever... you can only imagine how thrilled and excited I was watching them singing that song. Watch The Three Tenors singing this song, Luciano Pavarotti and Darren Hayes --> my personal favorite.


After their performance, I quickly googled them. Check out their video clip... aren't they amazing? They could be the next Three Tenors!! I'm going to get their album as soon as possible.


And things that made me sad...

Haley Reinhart is eliminated. Haley’s soulful rasp is going to be missed. I wish it would have been Scotty and Haley for top two though. Sigh.

Watching the Il Volo's performance, caused some real pain in my heart. It reminds me that I missed out Andrea Bocelli's concert in Jakarta last sunday. Boo. Not happy at all.  

Anyways...
Music is amazing. As Berthold Auerbach once said, "Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life". Even true-er, what Victor Hugo said, "Music expressed that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent." Yet the best music quote would be the one from Sergei Rachmaninov, "Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music." 

Embrace all music genres and watch (and vote for Scotty if you live in the U.S.A.) American Idol (; Go Scotty!

No comments:

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails