Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What's In A Name?

Yes, I just quoted William Shakespeare. Is name important? Personally, I think it's important. It identifies who you are and proofing that you're exist. And just to be clear, I don't take my husband's last name and I intend to keep it this way. Not because of the feminazi domination thing, I just couldn't be bothered with doing the paperwork and besides, my mother also keeps her maiden name. She just so proud of her family and my father doesn't mind at all. He once said to me, there is no level-headed reason why a woman should have to abandon her family’s last name in order to prove her fidelity and allegiance to her man. None whatsoever. Needless to say, I highly trust my father's judgements and/or opinions. What about my husband? What about him? He doesn't mind at all. Oh how I love him for that (': 

I personally am fond and proud of my maiden name, so I use it for some things, and my married name for others. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. I use my husband's name socially but my bank account and credit cards, passport and even my facebook account are still in my maiden name. I'm very much annoyed every time people (friends on facebook) ask why do I still using my maiden name instead of using my husband's last name. Nosy much?

However, I have nothing against women who hyphenated their maiden names with their husband's last name. It's their decision, it's their lives. My mother in law, my aunts, my best friend and some of my cousins are taking their husband's last name and I respect that. It's just not for me and please respect that.

Lastly, the perfect time to announce that as of today, my blog title "Tagebuch der Amara" is officially changed into "AMARA BLOGS". I also put on this background song "Married Life" from Up Soundtrack to this blog for a few days now. I simply love the movie, adore the soundtrack, I hope you are too!! (:



This is the best part of the movie UP when Carl met Ellie and they had a good life… The only part that makes me nearly cry. Every human in the world wants this typical life, beautiful, live with each other until the end and last names don't matter.

image via tumblr

No comments:

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails