Saturday, August 27, 2011

Happy and Sad

It's been one heck of a week! I've experienced both happy and sad moments. Let us start with the sad moment shall we? My husband's dearest grandfather passed away 2 days ago at a hospital in Tondano, North Sulawesi. Losing a loved one is never easy. I know. I've been there. Unlike me (when losing my grandmother), my husband accepted it with a certain amount of grace. He believes that his grandfather is now in a far better place and will always keep him in his memories. Opa Nicholas will surely be missed but will never be forgotten! Readers, if I were you and still have grandparents around, I'd visit them this today, hug them and tell them how much I love them... and oh, maybe ask them to tell their personal life stories! I personally love hearing old stories of my grandparents. Those stories make me feel close to them. 

Opa Nicholas Mamengko and grandson Jonah Christi (my darling husband). This was the last time we saw him, at his house in Tondano. 

My husband and I in Tondano, shortly after visiting Opa Nicholas. 
And on happier note *i'm all smiles*... my husband is in town for 10 days!! Feels so good having him back even though only for 10 days. So please excuse me if I don't blog for couple of days, my husband and I are going to spend some quality time together. Have a wonderful weekend all! And to my moslem friends, Happy Idul Fitri and have a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails