Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Breakfast at Tiffany's 50th Anniversary

For those of you who have been reading my blog since the first time I started this blog, I'm sure you already familiar with the fact that I'm a huge of of Audrey Hepburn. Of course Breakfast at Tiffany's is one of my favorites. This year is the 50th Anniversary of this darling movie and there was a celebration few days ago in New York. 


Program director of the Film Society of Lincoln Center Richard Pena and Julie Andrews speak on stage at the Q&A with Julie Andrews. What's the connection, right? Julie Andrews was married to Blake Edwards, the director of Breakfast at Tiffany's. So probably, she could share some information from her late husband that might not be available to public at the time. Moreover, Audrey Hepburn was very close to both Blake Edwards and Julie Andrews.

Anyhoo, here is my favorite part of the film. I already posted this video few years ago, however this is my favorite part, so I'm going to repost this video. 


The way she somberly sings Moon River gives me a calming peace. I become content where ever I am - warm and happy. It was at this moment in the film that I fell in love with Audrey Hepburn. My favorite part is right after she stops singing, smiles up at George Peppard and gently says “Hi...".

This movie never gets old. It will always be one of my favorite films of all time.

screenshot from my iPad.

No comments:

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails