Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Sound of Music

So few weeks ago I watched this old episode of Oprah, a reunion of the von Trapps! Oh how I love The Sound of Music! I grew up with The Sound of Music (thanks mom!), I used to watch it everyday when I was still a little girl. I know the words to every song in the movie. Needless to say, it's one of my favorite movies! I still watch the movie every now and then, and I also watch it almost every time I'm sick. There is a comforting quality about this movie that could probably be best described as magical because this movie can make me feel a little better.

"When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad"

Even my friends know how much I love The Sound of Music. My bachelorette party lasted for 2 days, on second day my friends dressed up as the von Trapp children and dressed me up as Maria! Then we went on a picnic to this huge park and did many fun things. 


And my mother, when she was in Salzburg for "Salzburg Seminar", she actually stayed at Schloss Leopoldskron AKA the von Trapp's mansion, for a couple of weeks! The place where they filmed the movie!!!  Errrr... I'm green with envy!

So obviously I was really happy watching this reunion episode! And I really think Julie Andrews has aged gracefully unlike "the children".  


Their legacy is still lives on today, they're great grandchildren of the Captain and Maria von Trapp are still singing on stage in the USA. I got teary-eyed and goosebumps watching their performance on Oprah singing "Edelweiss".



Lastly here are few interesting videos related to this lovely movie:

The Real von Trapp Family Singers (The original Captain, Maria and the children).

The von Trapp's family photo in slideshow courtesy of Agathe von Trapp, the eldest daughter of the Captain and Maria von Trapp.

No comments:

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails