Thursday, September 29, 2011

Travelogue: Lombok / Gili Trawangan (Day 4)

We had a quick breakfast that morning, because we were going to catch early boat to Gili Trawangan. We stopped by a couple times on the road just to take pictures, the scenery looks so stunning! Even the view from the boat also super stunning. I love my beautiful country from the depths of my soul!















Then after 30 or 40 minutes boat ride, we arrived at Gili Trawangan! I'm in love with the crystal turquoise and deep blue seas, fine white sand beaches, the tinkle of a bicycle bell, the sound of horse hooves trotting along and some good music. For the first one hour, we rented bicycle (IDR 20,000/bicycle/hour - around USD 2.50/bicycle/hour) and explored half the island.  Wow really, this Lombok trip made me do things I haven't done in years! First beach volleyball, riding bicycle and also some beach gymnastic (you'll understand when you see the pictures below). And oh, if you decided to come to Gili Trawangan, I must tell you that 90% of the tourists are foreigners (where are my fellow Indonesians?) and most of them are European. I heard people speaking French, German, Dutch, Russian and some other languages I don't recognize. The rest of of the foreigners were Australians (judging from their accents) and few Americans. So if you're European than maybe only the view is different, but the people you see are mostly your fellow Europeans.







After we returned the bicycles, we chillaxed at this beachfront cafe called "Egoiste", good food, great spot at the beach and free wi-fi! Huraaahh! I was able to upload some pictures to both instagram and twitter account ((: My husband's fellow pilot friends were also came to Gili Trawangan so at the end of the day we hung out for a while before we left the island. It was really one great sunday (: I'll see you again soon Gili Trawangan!




































No comments:

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails