Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Travelogue: Lombok (Day 1)

On my husband's birthday, my sister-in-law and I took off to Lombok to visit him. Well, of course I still have what u called the "fear of flying" especially when I'm not used to fly with MD planes. These past few years I always fly with either Boeing or Airbus jet, so as you could probably guessed, my nervous level sky-rocketed when I found out the airplane was an old one. But thank God, we arrived in Lombok safely. Whew!

It was my first time on a MD 82 (one of Lion Air's aircraft). 
It was one bright sunny day when we arrived at Selaparang International Airport.
Then we checked-in at our first hotel, Qunci Villas (hotel review coming up soon) which already being booked in advance via agoda (my favorite place to book hotels on the internet, but  sadly all starwood hotel chain is not listed on agoda.). We took a blue bird taxi from the airport and it took us around 20 minutes to get there. Remember this, when in Lombok, always, always use Blue Bird taxi.

When we arrived I was surprised! Well well well... Qunci Villas is indeed a very nice play to stay in Senggigi! Great facilities, great view and close (and easy access) to the Gilis by boat. I highly recommend this place.

Qunci Villas, Senggigi - Lombok.
Mr. Pilot just arrived from school. He didn't come to pick me up at the airport because he was still in class.
With Birthday Boy!
My husband and I reunited! <3
Then we changed into our swimsuits and headed off to the swimming pool.
Chillaxing by the pool with my husband (Jonah) and my sister in law (Monique).
I'm into vintage style one piece swimsuit. 

Swimming pool is one of my happy places!
Senggigi has one of the most beautiful sunsets I've seen. Believe me, I’ve witnessed a lot of beach sunsets.
The silhouette of Mount Agung (in Bali) and gorgeous sunset could be seen from Senggigi coastline.
This is us after taking a shower and getting ready for dinner.

We didn't fancy going out so we ordered room service.
We went to bed after dinner, it was a long and tiring day. We need to be fit tomorrow so, good night Lombok. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails