Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Fashion & Style Ramblings...


While I love fashion, I'm not that head over heels in love with fashion world and am definitely not a fashionista. I don't shop that often, normally only once a month. I know many of my friends and families who will go crazy if they don't shop at least once a week and still screaming "I don't have anything to wear!!!" everytime they get ready to go out and about. They (and many people) like to buy clothes or anything that is currently trending while I prefer to buy "timeless" clothes or the ones I really love (read: white tops and anything stripes!) and most importantly... comfortable. It works quite well for me, because it's tiring to follow the fashion trends because every season looks change and they don't always suit me.

However... there are some pieces from high-end brands, like the Miu Miu glitter sunglasses, Cartier nail ring, Lanvin swimsuit, Hermès rose gold bracelet, Proenza Schouler bags or this Chanel bag, Balenciaga luggage and the list goes on and on and on... (you can see few of those pieces that I fancy here #code LOL!), that strike me with their over-the-top design and say, "Yes. We are not important. But we'll look good on  you..." -Oh la la...

I feed my very low fashion-hunger by following fashion / style blogs like:
The Blonde Salad (Chiara Ferragni - gotta love this girl, she has great taste and sense of style and I love her shoe line),
Olivia Palermo (She's like the reincarnation of Audrey Hepburn!! Love her effortless elegance and style),
What I Wore (Jessica Quirk - vintage / girl next door style)
Atlantic-Pacific (Blair Eadie)
The Glamourai (Kelly Framel)
and many more... but they are the ones I love the most and they're also kind of my inspiration.

Yes, I have love for some high-end brands, but that doesn't mean that I am the type of person that sits around during Fashion Week waiting for new pictures and videos to show up. Sure, I've watched some runway shows on FTV or streamed to my computer, also sometimes invited to high-end brand shows and to some private preview sale events (which both my mum and I never attended - not our thing) because I know that the thing I love about fashion isn't the high-level, newest collections of some high-end brands --- I find the style a person possesses much more fascinating. How many of you agree with me?


via Pinterest




 Inspirations... 






 Olivia Palermo



 



and of course, my ultimate style icon
Audrey Hepburn

via male pattern boldness


via The Stylist Fashion Blog

 and some tips... 

via Pinterest

No comments:

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails