Wednesday, August 08, 2012

DIY: Denim Cut-Offs

I decided to try this easy-peasy DIY tutorial by Kelly Framel of The Glamourai (love love love her). Anyone can do this as long as you have a pair of old jeans (or new, up to you) and a pair of scissors. Since I don't have the heart to cut my jeans.. hehehe.. cut story short, I found this vintage Levi's 501 jeans with the perfect color for only $5! Perfect.

Unfortunately Kelly choose to use jeans that are cut roomier than she'd normally wear and buy few sizes big. The one I bought is actually one size up but somehow it's fitted nicely to my body, probably because it's vintage (they are usually indeed smaller). But here's the catch, if I gain weight, I wouldn't be able to wear these! ((:

Apparently Chiara Ferragni and Blair Edie also Emilie have similar vintage Levi's denim shorts, but the denim shorts look a lot nicer on them because their jeans are about two size up and they have (very) slim and LONG legs. However, I love the way the jeans fit my body and a friendly reminder that I should maintain my weight properly. ((;

PS. You can also cut your jeans like this.

The Vintage Levi's 501 jeans.


After I cut them, excuse some scars on my thigh. I got them from my supercute aggressive huggers (read: my two adorable huskies).
 
Yes, that's Lowy taking a nap in my bedroom.

I love my new denim shorts! <3 br="br">

No comments:

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails