Thursday, February 27, 2014

Travelogue: Kyoto



I fell in love with Kyoto.

Not the title of this post, merely a statement. Kyoto is a culturally rich city. Keyword here is culture, I have always been attracted to foreign culture and this very city quenched my thirst for timeless and unique heritage. 

Kyoto has a lot to offer, such as the sacred sites and religious attractions, museums and foods. We only managed to cover one temple, one shrine, Gion and Shijo Avenue. I promise myself, if I ever go back to Kyoto in the future, I would visit other temples and shrines and stay there for a week because there is much to see in Kyoto.

, I was happy to be in Central Japan with an itinerary that included old castles, historic towns, cormorant fishing and beautiful scenery.
Read more at http://ref.gonomad.com/about-us/advertise-on-gonomad/38-transports/3421-castles-cormorants-and-cloud-riding-an-auto-tour-of-japan#Z2QmKpGtYdmFpWYZ.99

, I was happy to be in Central Japan with an itinerary that included old castles, historic towns, cormorant fishing and beautiful scenery.
Read more at http://ref.gonomad.com/about-us/advertise-on-gonomad/38-transports/3421-castles-cormorants-and-cloud-riding-an-auto-tour-of-japan#Z2QmKpGtYdmFpWYZ.99
Kiyomizudera



Red lips selfie.

Milka, Lala and I on board the train heading to Kyoto.

Candid pic of yours truly taken by mum.

JR Kyoto Station







On the bus heading to our first destination: Kiyomizudera.









Our group!












Kiyomizudera entrance.



























My girlcousins and I.

Fushimi Inari-taisha entrance.














Fushimi Inari-taisha map.


















Mum and I.









Yasaka Shrine.

Shijo Avenue.



Shijo Avenue.



Hanami-koji, Gion.

Hanami-koji, Gion.

Waiting for Geisha or Maiko passes by in Gion.



Places we went to in Kyoto and tips:
Next city we went to was Toyama before Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route which will be posted separately, until then!

No comments:

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails