Saturday, February 01, 2014

Travelogue: Singapore (Jan 2014)




Went for a weekend getaway to Singapore, again. However, I had a valid reason why I chose Singapore for the umpteenth time; it is because my husband is currently in Singapore for work. The airline he works for, sent him for simulator training in Singapore for 50 days and I'm beyond ecstatic that they didn't send him to Toulouse (France), because it's just too far (and too expensive) for me to visit. So I went a week after he departed to Singapore. ((; 


Beautiful sunset at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, Terminal 2.

Waiting for boarding time at Starbuck T2.

The hotel we stayed at.
i12 Katong Mall, just behind the hotel. They have Max Brenner here!!!

I went with my cousin Milka and my sis-in-law Monique, we were there for 5 days. We stayed at Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel in East Coast area. It was my first time staying and exploring that area of Singapore; I usually stay in either Orchard / Holland Village / Bugis area, and Ang Mo Kio when my brother still lives there. To my surprise, the east coast area is lovely and idyllic! Everything is there, you don't have to go all the way to Orchard area to shop, dine and take pics. The hotel itself is surrounded with malls, local market, near the beach, near MRT station and only 15 minutes from Changi Airport. 

Culinary Trip in Singapore with Milka and Monique, January 10th - 14th 2014.
In front of Orchard Cineleisure, where some of my favorite shops located. They are Leftfoot, PVS, Rock Star by Soon Lee.
 
Jonah and I at Orchard Road, in front of Heeren.

My #ootd ((;


Me, Jonah and Monique at Vivo Bay with Sentosa Island at the background. 
Social meet ups at Vivo City.
Heading to Jumbo for some chilli crab!
Ray Ban ad.
Jonah & I.
It was a weekend getaway turned into culinary trip! I ate so many foods especially the unhealthy ones (read: the delicious ones!) which also the reason why my cholesterol went up on the last day. Sigh. Please smack me in the head if I eat uncontrollably again next time. Normally in Jakarta I eat healthy foods, the culinary trip in Singapore was my "cheat days" and because I am now in Jakarta, I am munching on few cucumbers as I write this entry. 

L-R Top: IKEA's Swedish Meatballs, IKEA's Chicken Curry, IKEA's Chicken Wings
L-R Middle: IKEA's Lotus Rice (CNY special), The Soup's Samsui Chicken, The Soup's Olive Rice
L-R Botto,: The Soup's Minced Pork, Jumbo's Chilli Crab, Food Republic's Roast Pork.  


L-R Top: Mangosteen at Marine Parade Market, 4 Boxes of Durian at Geylang, Food Republic's Roast Pork (My fave!)
L-R Middle: Food Opera's BBQ Chicken Wings, KFC's Cheesy Fries, Hainanese Chicken at Marine Parade Market
L-R Bottom: Fried Rice with Giant Sausage at Marine Parade Market, Gastronomia de Paolo's Cheesecake, Petite Muffin at Takashimaya. 

Display of Durians at Geylang.

Butterbeer at Starbucks.

And also there are a bunch of cute stuffs I lust at Typo, FrancFranc, Kikki.K, woodwould to name a few. I'm a sucker for cutesy stuffs.

Cute pens at Typo. I bought the turquoise owl pen, naturally.
Giant chair at Francfranc.

Owls at Typo.

Stationary at kikki.k
There are still many photos and of course many fun stories but it's going to be a way too long post if I jot them down. But nonetheless as usual, I had a lovely time in Singapore. See you (very) soon, Singapore!


NO MATTER WHERE OR WHY YOU TRAVEL, THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING WONDERFULLY NEW TO BE FOUND. (unknown)


Note: 
    50 East Coast Road, Roxy Square 
    (Opposite Parkway Parade Shopping Centre) 
    Singapore 428769
    It's cheaper if you book the room via Agoda.
2. Use GO THERE to get direction on where to go in Singapore.
    You can also download the app on iTunes store but it's priced at $3.99

No comments:

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails