In other words, The Japan Alps.
It involves nine transfers - namely highland bus, cable cars, tunnel trolley buses, ropeway, and another local bus; and it took us around seven hours of travel time from Toyama to Shinano-Omachi thus completing the alpine route journey. We purchased the tickets for the whole route at Tateyama Station, it is pricey yet worth every penny.
At the end of our Japan trip, the ladies and I agreed that Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route is undeniable the highlight of our trip! The route might be expensive and take long hours but in the end the spectacular view reminds us that this is a journey worth taking.
I would love to go back over and over again, I would love to experience this journey again in different seasons. Amen.
|On the train from Dentetsu Toyama heading to Tateyama Station. It was an hour long ride.|
|The train we boarded.|
|Our secret weapon: Tongis AKA Narcissistic Stick AKA Portable Mobile Tripod.|
|Jason loves the view.|
|Passing through gorgeous views...|
|There were two lines, one to buy individual tickets and another one is for tour groups. Thankfully, since the tour groups had already organised tickets, the ticket line for us wasn't very long.|
|Behind us is the local tour groups. And yes, we used tongis a lot while waiting for our turn to board the cable car.|
|The average gradient is 24 degrees and it takes seven minute to cover the 1.3km distance.|
|Behind us is the local tour group. Can you see the tour leader laughed her ass off when she saw us used the tongsis? LOL|
|Flowers, plants and trees transitioning from green colors to autumn foliage.|
|At one point the bus pulled over so we could view the Shōmyō falls and the Hannoki falls which are Japan’s tallest and tallest permanent waterfalls respectively. But the falls visible here is the Shōmyō falls.|
|Arrived in Murodo.|
|2,450 m above sea level.|
|We had a lot of fun in the snow!|
|Jason loves the snow too!|
|Finally Chewy and Lowy got to play in the snow! ((:|
To Be Continued...
Tateyama Kurobe Alpine tips:
- Stay overnight at Toyama or Matsumoto and go up early in the morning to start Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route Journey.
- It is best to start the journey from Toyama.
- Must try foods: The restaurant at Kurobe Dam rest area.
- If you want to experience the snow walls at Murodo, you have to visit around April to Mid May. But if you want to see the autumn foliage and snow, visit around September to October.
- Hyperdia.com : so you'd know which train to take, at what time and on which platform.
- My cousins and I recently opened a Tour and Travel agent, should you need our services please do not hesitate to contact us at info(at)pasiartour.com We can create special itineraries for you to suit your needs and interest. Thank you!