Friday, February 05, 2010

Audrey Hepburn Collection Auctioned in London, December 2009

Everyone who knows me knows how much I love Audrey Hepburn. I have worshiped in the House of Audrey since I don't know when (we're talking yearsss ago, the early 2000s) - okay not that long, but get what I mean right?!). So you can imagine how thrilled I was when I knew that some of the pieces of the Audrey Hepburn collection were auctioned at Sotheby’s in London. If only money weren't an object, I'd be owning lots of Audrey Hepburn's Givenchy dresses today. The collection came from Audrey’s lifelong friend, Tanja Star-Busmann, and was offered by fashion auctioneer, Kerry Taylor at La Galleria, Royal Opera Arcade in Pall Mall, London on December 8th 2009. 

Half of the money raised at the auction will be donated to The Audrey Hepburn Children's Fund and Unicef for their joint venture "All Children in School" which aims to provide teaching for 115 million children worldwide. It's shopping for a good cause! How can not people do that... I would!

And the highest bidder on Audrey Hebpurn's stunning black Givenchy cocktail dress was ... Givenchy. How appropriate. The fashion house shelled out $97,542 for its own haute couture chantilly lace dress and matching jacket at the London Audrey auction. She worn the dress in "How To Steal A Million"... yep, the DVD I just bought and watched! Literally just saw her in that dress couple hours ago. She looked amazing, the dress' also stunning.




via www (ap/reuters, dailymail.co.uk).

No comments:

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails