Thursday, March 03, 2011

Comfort Zone

I was never the girl who likes sitting and settling down in a comfort zone. Until today, I still think that I am still that girl. 

Leaving the comfort zones were definitely the one thing that keeps me growing. One will never grow when in comfort zone. People dream, yet many are not brave enough.. or should I say, many people don't have the courage to chase their dreams.

One example, how many people who live in Jakarta that complain (almost freaking everyday) about the superbad traffic and do nothing about it. They say, "Jakarta is crap! Get me out of this city!!!" ; "Let's move to other city/country." ; "I can't stand this city anymore." ; "Jakarta is craphole!!" ; "I don't want to live here anymore..." aaaand, how many of them actually act / do what they say / want? How many? Moreover how often do you hear those statements? 

Exactly. 

When I was too fed up with Jakarta --- I had steady job with good salary and position, then just left it all behind for Bali. I had to look for a job and ended up working in the industry I've never worked before.  Definitely not easy at all. When back in Jakarta, I chose to run my own business / work from home, for me it is more acceptable and make sense because I really don't like and don't want to complain everyday about the traffic like everybody else. I just want to love... Jakarta. Besides, life happens when you're busy complaining. If you don't like something, then do something about it. 

But these are what they usually say when I told them to actually find a job out of Jakarta: "Oh but my family is here." ; "But I already has a good job with good salary." ; "I can't and don't wanna leave my boyfriend and girlfriend here..." ; "It is not that easy, it's too complicated." ;  "I don't think I'm ready." ; "I don't have the money." ; "I don't have friends elsewhere." --------- COMFORT ZONES.

They could, but they don't want to leave their comfort zone. Is it bad? It's not a bad thing at all, but it just defines people's character. Some people do have the courage to leave their comfort zones, some people could only dream about it.

I love to quote The Secret and truly believe in good things happening to me even when I have to leave my comfort zone, and think about life with a lot of joy and positivity instead of dwelling in sorrow and disappointment. Its the only way! One of my favorite parts of the Secret is You can have, do or be anything you want

Only after making these intentions and believing that I deserve them and they can come true do they appear in my life.  A lot of people give me gruff (is that a word?) for just believing they will come true. Where there’s a will, there’s a way. You don’t have to know what the path looks like, but if you see the end result, you can achieve it!! People always say I'm reckless and always do whatever I want to do without considering anything. That is plain wrong. People who say such thing, they don't know me. But hey, we can all agree to disagree.

I have to say this once again, I'm not here to lecture, I'm merely sharing. Yes it has always been easy for me to leave my comfort zone because I have the courage and best of all, I have faith in my God that He would only give me the best things. He won't let me down and He will always keep me safe. Leaving my comfort zone again some time soon? Oh yes I will, gladly.

No comments:

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails