Monday, March 14, 2011

Joel Osteen Podcast

There are times - with enormous guilt, I confess: many times - I fail to attend Sunday Church Service. This is when the internet, iTunes and Joel Osteen Ministry, which provide a virtual worship space free to anyone on the Internet, come in handy. But I still prefer going to church lah. I'd like to think that I'm a good Christian, well at least I'm trying.

Out of many pastors in the world, I like Joel Osteen the most. I've been to Benny Hinn's Miracle Crusade few years ago and truly felt God's presence during the event and also hear other pastors' sermons, but I feel more connected to Joel Osteen's sermons, I also read his daily devotionals. So comforting - well, to me everything according to the bible is comforting (: And oh, for daily devotionals I also love reading the ones from Streaming Faith!

I love the part where he raises his Bible and asks everyone in the audience to raise their Bibles in the air. Then the whole people in the church chant the following words:
“This is my Bible. I am what it says I am. I have what it says I have. I can do what it says I can do. Today I will be taught the word of God. I boldly confess my mind is alert, my heart is receptive; I'll never be the same. In Jesus name, God bless you.”
I know some people who think that he's a materialist pastor because he has big house and pretty wealthy, I don't care about that. That is his business with God, not with people. I really think that religion is very intimate and private (well since this blog is my diary, I can share my innermost part and intimate details, can't I?) and I keep wondering why people have to harass, threat, attack those who don't share the same beliefs since it's truly none of their business?! --- ergh sorry can't help it. Anyhoo, I like the way Joel Osteen delivers the words of God. And if you are a Christian and fail to attend Sunday Church Service everytime, download his podcast and you can watch the videos on iTunes. Well you can also sync the podcast videos to your iPhone / iPad / iPod, then you can watch the videos anywhere, anytime.

No comments:

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails