I found these online (hail facebook!) and thought they were definitely worth sharing! Might give you even more insight as to what goes on over here!
1. You have sorted your garbage into at least 3 garbage cans and you know the difference (or should know the difference) between “Gelbe Sacke” and “Restmull”
2. You have ever had or not had “lust” to do something.
3. You get excited that CNN is in English.
4. You know what a Döner is, and you’ve eaten more than one in the same week from a different “Imbiss” each time.
5. You’ve been to Oktoberfest
6. You’ve worried before about catching “the last Strassenbahn” home.
7. You’ve ever been stressed out at the grocery store while checking out, and have noted that you will never take “baggers” for granted ever again.
8. You’ve ordered more than one Kugel of Eis a day…everyday…
9. You’ve laughed at someone trying to say “squirrel”
10. You know what the “German Stare” is.
11. You know what DB stands for.
12. You’ve ever explained to someone what a “pinata” is.
13. You’ve ever visited the local gas station on a Sunday because it’s the only thing open.
14. You know the difference between Milka and Ritter Sport.
15. You know what a WG is, and have lived in one.
16. You’ve ever been totally confused on how to open any and all windows/doors/locks.
17. You’d drink beer with a meal because it’ s cheaper than bottled water
18. You have ever said “Mahlzeit” before eating your meal
19. You don’t come home at midnight you go out at midnight
20. You were amazed at the fact you had money off your bottled drinks in the Spar if you brought the empty bottles back
21. You have ever drank a Maß of beer
22. You’ve worried before about catching “the last Strassenbahn” home
23. You have wandered down a street/ travelled on the U-Bahn or generally been out in public with a glass of Gluhwein or a bottle of beer and not been given a second glance by the Polizei
24. You have tried Goldschlager and Jaegermeister
25. You miss proper bread
26. You tried to be cool by going to see a film in German but ended up getting the story completely wrong
27. You know what a “handy” is
28. You moan about how dirty cities over here are
29. 100 MPH seems like you’re really driving slow
30. You know that climate control is better than air conditioning
31. You’ve shopped at Pimkie
32. You don’t mind queuing
33. You’ve travelled or have wanted to travel on the ICE
34. You put Nutella on everything
35. Public transport just sucks at home
36. You’ve had mayo with your chips
37. You miss Nordsee