Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Erica Jong's Quotes

Fear of Flying, 1973.

  • I want you. I want you. I want you. Anything to avoid saying: I love you.
  • Silence is the bluntest of blunt instruments.

How to Save Your Own Life, 1977.
  • All people believe their suffering is greater than others.
  • Inevitably, I drank too much, talked too much, smiled too hard, swallowed back too much bile.
  • The worst thing about jealousy is how low it makes you reach.
  • Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't...
  • Loving someone is a loss of freedom -- but one doesn't think of it as loss because one gains so much else.
  • Photographs... are the most curious indicators of reality.


Becoming Light: Poems New & Selected, 1991.
  • Since flesh can't stay, we pass the words along.
  • ...if you don't risk anything, you risk even more.

No comments:

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails