Monday, July 26, 2010

La Vie En Rose

"La Vie en rose", Life through rose-coloured glasses (literally Life in pink), was the signature song of French singer Édith Piaf. An oldie, but a goodie. Edith Piaf's amazing voice makes you feel like you're strolling through the streets of Paris on a romantic evening.

I first knew this song when I watched this remake movie "Sabrina" - starred by Julia Ormond, Harrison Ford back in 1995. Then when I lived in Germany, some of my French friends (specifically: Robin Le Barbier et Adrien Guinemer-Langlois - Bonjour messieurs, ca va? Je vous manque tous les deu!) always sing this song. Always. Then my craze for Audrey Hepburn began... I have been immediately drawn into the beautiful melody followed by the slightest whisper of words until this very moment. I don't think I will ever be bored with this song :)

La Vie en rose. 

Des yeux qui font baisser les miens,
Un rire qui se perd sur sa bouche,
Voilà le portrait sans retouche
De l'homme auquel j'appartiens

Quand il me prend dans ses bras
Il me parle tout bas,
Je vois la vie en rose.

Il me dit des mots d'amour,
Des mots de tous les jours,
Et ça me fait quelque chose.

Il est entré dans mon coeur
Une part de bonheur
Dont je connais la cause.

C'est lui pour moi. Moi pour lui
Dans la vie,
Il me l'a dit, l'a juré pour la vie.

Et dès que je l'aperçois
Alors je sens en moi
Mon coeur qui bat

Des nuits d'amour à plus finir
Un grand bonheur qui prend sa place
Les ennuis les chagrins s'effacent
Heureux, heureux à en mourir.

Quand il me prend dans ses bras
Il me parle tout bas,
Je vois la vie en rose.

Il me dit des mots d'amour,
Des mots de tous les jours,
Et ça me fait quelque chose.

Il est entré dans mon coeur
Une part de bonheur
Dont je connais la cause.

C'est toi pour moi. Moi pour toi
Dans la vie,
Il me l'a dit, l'a juré pour la vie.

Et dès que je l'aperçois
Alors je sens en moi
Mon coeur qui bat
And this is the original version by Edith Piaf.
 

And here are two of my favorite covers of the song (I totally love the girl with ukulele --- I want an ukulele and learn how to play!) 

2 comments:

Adrien said...

I am fine, and you? Adrien. :-)

amarantha said...

Adrien!!! I'm doing great!! I miss you!! (': what a lovely surprise! where do you live now? Paris?

So good to hear from you!

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails