Friday, November 25, 2011

Being Thankful

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to my American readers! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday with your loved ones. 

I love the Thanksgiving culture, the day where people reflect on things to be thankful for. It would be nice of all the people in the world celebrate this lovely tradition. One of the best holidays people ever invented, don't you agree? But please remember to be thankful not just on Thanksgiving day, be thankful everyday so you won't take anything for granted. 

In this spirit of gratitude, I want to share some of the many many things I am thankful for everyday in my life: my darling husband, my precious family, my adorable huskies, my wonderful friends and of course you, my readers. God is great. (: 
I read an interesting article on Reader's Digest a couple days ago, about being thankful. According to the article, people with a strong sense of gratitude don't necessarily have more than others but they recognize and see the beauty in their lives. Moreover, people who count their blessings are generally happier and healthier than people who don't. WORD! I do count my blessings every day and I do feel happier and realize how good what I have after all.

Some tips to be thankful: 
1. Try to be more relax, don't stress out too much. It's hard to be thankful if you're in a bad mood (angry, anxious, etc). 
2. Live in the moment. DON'T DWELL IN THE PAST. It's probably a nice place to visit but not a great place to stay.
3. Live a healthy lifestyle! Good health is expensive. Don't wait until you get sick and have to pay a fortune to get your health back. 
4. Cherish the small things. Never underestimate the power of small things in life. 
5. Take a vacation once in a while to rejuvenate your spirit and mind. Remember this, to travel is to live.
6. Keep a gratitude journal. Write the things you're thankful for everyday and read them again in the future. You'll see how much you are blessed every single day so (ideally) you will complain less.

Thank you for reading this post! (: God bless you. 

via Pinterest

No comments:

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails