Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday ManiPedi: Ikat Manicure

One of my favorite patterns! So happy I could put it on my nails. I got the tutorial from an instagrammer, her username is: lafemmelulu few days ago and been dying to do my nails since. 

As per her instructions: 

1. I applied two coats of Essie Turquoise & Caicos as the base, except for my ring-finger which I applied with two coats of Essie Tart Deco. Allow to dry few minutes. 
2. Then I used Faceshop's White nailpolish to paint irregular spots. Wait few minutes to dry. 
3. Used Essie Tart Deco to add irregular smaller spots on top of the larger spots. 
4. Then used a black permanent marker to apply thin feathery strokes vertically following the outer edge of the contrasting spots. The lines need not be perfect as the final look exaggerates a fabric or feathered look. 
5. Allow 15 minutes to dry before applying top coat. 

I absolutely looove my nails right now!



 

No comments:

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails