Saturday, July 28, 2012

Prada Marfa

How many of you recognize this Prada Marfa sign?

via art.com and also can be purchased there.

Prada Marfa is an art installation and also the exact replica of a Prada store in Marfa, Texas. Inside, like museum pieces displayed against a perfect white backdrop, are Prada heels and bags. All the treasures inside are genuine Prada products from its autumn 2005 collection. ‘The sculpture will never function as a place of commerce, the door cannot be opened,’ says the plaque beside the installation, just in case you were wondering. The place is firmly sealed so you could never get inside.

Well I suppose most of you know this sign from Gossip Girl. The sign which placed at the Bass / Van der Woodsen luxurious penthouse below...

via apartment therapy.

I would really love to put up that sign at my house as well as the series of photographs taken at Prada Marfa by Gray Malin. Or I might as well do a DIY just like this girl here, since my first two options are quite pricey. I'm just secretly arty, not all out arty, so I'm not that willing to purchase pricey art stuffs.

But the Prada Marfa itself is without a doubt, a completely amazing piece of art and I truly hope one day I'll get the chance to admire it in person. Amen. 

via rhinestones of wisdom , photographed by Gray Malin.

via pink memo , photographed by Gray Malin.

via minus manhattan , photographed by Gray Malin.

via arthur and lancelot's adventure , photographed by Gray Malin.

No comments:

Share This!


share/bookmark

Pin it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails